Search This Blog

Saturday 29 September 2018

Poem - J. Ryan


Mother, we meet again
By J. Ryan


Why are you sad, dear mother?
Ah, why should you worried be?
The same blessed Providence, mother,
Is ever watching over me.

Think of these words, dear mother,
Hope is my guiding star;
Claim it as yours, dear mother,
Whilst I am from you far.

My thoughts are ever turning,
To you they seem to roam;
And my heart is ever yearning
For the quiet scenes of home.

Tho' on a field of battle,
Do you think I once forget
The sun bird and the wattle,
Memories that cheer me yet.

I fancy thou art near me;
And I often breathe a sigh;
When a comrade scarce can hear me,
And the winds alone reply.

Oft do my home thoughts wander
Over the restless main;
And in your ear I whisper,
Mother, meet me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment